photo: Alex Wohn
Valentin Goppel (*2000) is a photographer based in Hanover, Germany.
In his work as a photojournalist, he takes assignments of newspapers, covering social topics and their relation to the individual.
Additionally, photography deals as a conscious tool in processing his surroundings. He frequently questions the possibilities of objective truth in documentary and likes to explore the border between observation and involvement.
For his recent project between the years he photographed friends and acquaintances in both found scenes and arranged portraits, trying to capture the diffuse feelings of growing up in times of the pandemic.
clients and publications (selection):
DIE ZEIT, DER SPIEGEL, Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung, Land Niedersachsen, OTH Regensburg, PHOTOGRAPHIE, Mittelbayerische Zeitung, Bayerische Staatskanzlei
- Leica Oskar Barnack Newcomer Award 2022
- VGH-Fotopreis 2022
- Ian Parry Scholarship 2022- highly commended
- Hamburg Portfolio Review 2022
- New York Portfolio Review 2022
- International photography grant 2020 - talent of the year (Finalist)
- Vonovia Award für Fotografie 2020 - Newcomer
- VGH-Fotopreis 2020 (Finalist)
- 2022 GAF Eisfabrik Hannover Germany
- 2022 Ernst Leitz-Museum Wetzlar Germany
- 2022 Festival della Fotografia Etica Lodi Italy
- 2022 Neuer Kunstverein Regensburg Germany
- 2022 Kranj Fotofest Slovenia
- 2022 Galerie Koschmieder Berlin Germany
- 2021 Kunstmuseum Bochum Germany
- 2020 Sprengel Museum Hannover Germany
- 2020 GAF Eisfabrik Hannover Germany
- 2020 Thon-Ditmer-Palais Regensburg Germany
get in touch: